READING SKILLS AND SPEED READING PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS
Offered through LeMoyne College's Center for Continuing Education. Designed and taught by faculty from the Institute of Reading Development. Phonics, Fluency, Comprehension, Love of Reading, Textbook Skills and Speed Reading. All programs meet once each week. Tuition varies by program grade. Please ask about the Family Discount. Programs are for 4-Year-Olds and Entering Kindergartners, Entering 1st Grade through 11th Grade. Also a program for Adults, Entering 12th Graders and College Students. For more information or to register CALL 1-800-978-9596. You can also find information in your Counseling Office.
ALFRED UNIVERSITY SUMMER PROGRAMS FOR TEENS
Alfred University has some wonder summer enrichment programs that they are offering for high school and pre-high school students this summer. These are all residential camps where the students will enjoy spending time learning about a favorite subject with other students with the same interests while experiencing life on college campus. Listed below are the residential high school institutes that will be offered:
* Art - Portfolio Preparation for College Bound Artists - JULY 9-13 2017
* Astronomy - JULY 16-20, 2017
* Ceramic & Glass Engineering - JUNE 25-29, 2017
* Chemistry - "The Nature of Light" - JUNE 25-29, 2017
* Computer - TBD - check the website (www.alfred.edu/summer/camps/computer-engr.cfm) for updates
* Creative Writing - JUNE 25-29, 2017
* Equestrian (both English and Western) - ENGLISH - JULY 9-14, 2017, WESTERN - JULY 23-28, 2017
* Equine Business - JULY 16-20, 2017
* Robotics - JUNE 25-29, 2017
* Swimming - JULY 9-14, 2017
* Theatre (our only 2 week institute) - JULY 2-14, 2017
For more information, go to www.alfred.edu/summer/hs.cfm or stop by your counseling center.